IDEAS FOR ACTIVITIES
- Go to the market, do cycling, snowboarding skateboard or scooter to get to school, as often as you can. Find a friend to go with you.
- Learn cultural or traditional games and teaches them to your family and friends. You can engage your community or your school. Discovering its culture is nice.
- Learn cultural games from other countries and compare them to those in your community. Find some of the favorite games Japanese or Indians. Are there similarities with yours? What are the differences? Which do you prefer? What for? Trying to play some of these new games!
- Have fun being active every day, all year round. Take a walk in the Woods, playing at the Park, explores your cycling community, organized a treasure hunt, go fishing, a picnic or watch the stars. What are the differences when you practice these various activities at different times of the year? What time of year do you prefer to be active? Why don’t you join Activate Omaha?
- Ask an elder to tell you what was his life at your age. How has life changed? How is it the same? How these changes affected Aboriginal people?
HEALTHY EATING IDEAS
- Add fresh vegetables and low-fat dip to your dinner or enjoy a trail mix (dry fruits and nuts) rather than cookies.
- Help to get groceries. Contributes to the choice of food. Selects a new fruit or a fresh vegetable to try or buy the ingredients needed to prepare a family dinner. Ask a lot of questions about the various foods that you see.
- Assistance in the preparation of the dinner: choose the menu, helps all to Cook, set the table and helps everything clean and to wash afterward!
- Become a chef for a day. Looking for a healthy recipe and ask an adult to help her prepare. Invite your friends and impress them with your chef skills.
- Ask a former teach you how to prepare a traditional native meal. Together, prepare him for your family.
- Ask an adult to take you fishing. Ask her to share with you his secrets for catching fish. If you’re lucky enough to come back with a plug, enjoy a meal at the end of the day health.
- Drink water instead of buy soft drinks, iced tea or juice. You will save money, and you even-teras accumulate unnecessary calories.
- Did you know that it takes sometimes taste food up to 12 times before you start to enjoy it? Each week, eat new food. You could get the teen right the first time. Otherwise, try a few more times to see if you change your mind.
- Grow a garden in your yard or give a hand in that which already exists. You can also plant seeds inside your House. You aloe-Veras excellent to see plants grow and taste the fresh produce that you grows.
- Instead of eating the chips (potato chips), nibbling popcorn (without salt and butter added), cheese or crackers or fresh vegetables accompanied by a dip when you watch a movie.